Cleaning Your Cast Iron Skillet With A Chainmail Scrubber
Cast iron skillets are incredibly useful tools in the kitchen for a number of reasons. One of the top reasons is because they are able to get very, very hot and can withstand very high temperatures. There are wonderful meals that you can cook using solely the stovetop or can start on the stove and finish in the oven with your cast iron skillet.
On top of that, cast iron skillets are incredibly resilient and can last, literally, for decades if you take care of them. With that being said, you have to take care of them.
Because iron skillets are made out – well – iron, they can be severely damaged if they are not cleaned and cared for the right way. Cast iron skillets have to be kept clean and dry, otherwise you risk them becoming rusty and ineffective.
While iron skillets can come back from major rust and issues if you treat them, it is much easier to avoid having to treat them over and over again just by keeping them clean in the correct way.
That is where a chainmail scrubber comes in. A chainmail scrubber is without a doubt of the best tools for cleaning a cast iron skillet. These scrubbers will allow you to easily scrub away even the most stubborn and burned-on food residue without stripping away your hard earned seasoning. They work so well because while they are able to scrub off gunk and food debris, they will not strip away the seasoning that can help create a nearly non-stick experience! This means you can cook anything from eggs, to fish, to steaks, sauces and more.
Not only that, but a chainmail scrubber will actually help you strengthen your seasoning. They do this by scuffing the top layer of seasoning, creating a textured surface that makes it even easier for the seasoning to build up naturally.
How to clean if your skillet is pretty clean
If your pan is quite clean, all you have to do is:
- Wipe out food with a moist paper towel
- Scuff with chain mail in a circular motion using a firm pressure
- Dry your pan completely and prepare it for your next cook
How to clean if your skillet is quite dirty
If you have put your skillet through a rigorous job and it is quite dirty, all you have to do to clean your skillet is:
- Wash it with warm water
- While the skillet is still quite wet, scruff with chain mail in a circular motion using firm pressure
- Dry the skillet on the stovetop over low heat
- Apply a small amount of oil with a high-burn temp such as flax seed oil so that that oil can help contribute to your growing seasoning the next time you heat up the skillet to use for cooking
Chainmail Scrubber for Cast Iron Pans
Tough on Grit. Easy on Seasoning.
Makes cast iron cleanup quick and easy. The worst messes come off in seconds. Will not rust or scratch your cast iron pans. Dishwasher safe.
- BLASTS CRUSTY DRIED FOOD: Get 10X more scrubbing power without damaging your perfectly seasoned cast iron skillets, stainless steel pans, stoneware
- JUST THE RIGHT SIZE: Can be used flat, bunched up, or folded. Scrub by hand or place on the cast iron scrubber end of your kitchen brush. Cleaning is easy, just wash in soapy water and rinse
- HIGH QUALITY AND WILL NOT RUST: This cast iron skillet cleaner is made from premium restaurant-grade stainless steel so it’s extremely durable and will not rust
- TOUGH BUT NOT TOO TOUGH: The rounded stainless-steel rings are tough on food but not on your pans
I love this chain mail! It can be hard to get cast iron clean, but this does the job perfectly…..clean up is so fast & easy!! I also love that you can throw the chain mail in the dishwasher & it comes clean! Definitely worth the purchase!
I love cast iron pans but not the messy cleaning to be done after the cooking. This chain scrubber works like magician and makes the messy cleaning really easy.. also cleaning of the scrubber is too easy.. I love my cast iron more now and use it regularly, thanks to this scrubber.
I love cooking in the cast iron skillet and got couple of cast iron skillets. But the difficulty of cleaning up the skillet was making me to avoid using the skillet. This cast iron chainmail scrubber works like magic and now I no more think a second for using my cast iron skillets. All 5 stars for this chainmail scrubber.
It's surprising how well this works. Sometimes I avoid using cast iron because clean up is difficult - now, problem solved. Works as effectively on most everything, actually. Rinses easily, dries quickly for storage, and doesn't wear out (in my life time). Easier on hands, too., I purchased the larger size, but would think the smaller size would be just as good.
It's surprising how well this works. I sometimes avoid using my cast iron because of clean up difficulties - that's a problem now solved. And not just cast iron: it works well on most everything else. Rinses easily, fast dry for storage, no rust, doesn't wear out (in my lifetime, anyway). I purchased the larger size, but I suspect the smaller one would be just as effective.
This iron scrubber works great. I used it to scrub away heavy grease and stains after cooking. The iron scrubber worked well and I didn’t have to scrub as hard as I would with a normal sponge or spend nearly as much time scrubbing. I also like how easy it is to clean after use and that food doesn’t get stuck to this iron scrubber like it would with a sponge.